Re: Day 2 of the disc brake fun

To: "Triumph TR 7" <tr7@primenet.com>, "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Day 2 of the disc brake fun
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:36:56 +0100
Get your MOT place to check the balance of the brakes just incase.  You
don't want to get into any spins!  After doing my brakes the left side read
26 and the right 28 on the machine.

I have done this on my Spitfire, 2000 miles ago. And the difference is
amaising, do need to get the rear drums machined, and I also need to grind
the rear hub where someone took a hammer to it, leaving a peek which puts
the rear drums at a slight angle softening the brake feel .   This is one
thing to check your car for as its very common and easy to fix.  It also
makes the wheel wobble in and out.