Re: BMIHT Certificates

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BMIHT Certificates
From: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:13:02 +0100 (BST)

--- Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com> wrote:
>         I sent them all the numbers I could find on
> the car - chassis, engine,
> transmission and differential.
>
>         The last line of the 'certificate' concerns
> me though.  It states: "please note
> that we have traced this car only from the Engine
> Number quoted by you."
>
>       Would they not have had record of something more
> substantial - ie, chassis
> number?

>From what I can gather from my own production trace
certificate, Triumph must of only recorded the Body
number, Engine number and Car/Chassis(actually the
commission) number on the production records. Thus,
from all the numbers you supplied, only the engine
number would be 'useful'.

I know that I supplied just about every number I could
find - the actual number on the chassis, the
commission ('chassis') number, gearbox, differential,
body, paint/trim and even the key numbers but recieved
 the certificate with only the 3 main numbers that you
recieved.

===
Phil Johnson
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
68 GT6 Mk1 KC13299