[Fwd: Transmission]

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Transmission]
From: Tim Wilcox <tw1@sunmuw1.MUW.Edu>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:06:07 -0500
I've had 2 '79 Spitfires, and I've heard two kinds of grinding. There's the
"kachink" when going quickly into reverse or the "crattlerattlerattlerunch"
and you still don't get there. The first was a seizing slave cylinder, and the
latter was the ominous thrust washer. Just a thought. Have a nice day!