Re: black paint on 1500 trim

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: black paint on 1500 trim
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:25:04 -0100
At 17:30 28-05-1999 -0700, Huw Upshall wrote:

>Has anyone removed the black paint on the late model 1500 trim pieces and
>polished the stainless steel metal underneath?  I was just wondering what
>people thought about that and what products were used to remove the black
>paint.

Uhm... which trim pieces are we talking about? I'm from the old world and
there's not a single piece of stainless steel trim on our late 1500 Spits.
Some bits are alumin(i)um, but the rest is plain old ready-to-rust steel
with a thin layer of chrome.

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green