Re: Rimmer Bros

To: "Ken C" <KenCunningham@worldnet.att.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rimmer Bros
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 20:58:33 GMT
Rimmers sometimes offer a free shipping special on all items for a limited
period
of time.  Last time I recall was around Christmas.  The it's a great time to
pour over their wonderful catalogues.  Phoning them really early helps with
the phone costs too!

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel - with a lovely white Rimmer's tonneau)

>Which brings up a question from a newbie... The prices from Rimmers (after

>coversion) seem to be somewhat cheaper than found at places in the US.
>However, if you add the shipping, let's say to someplace like California,
>are the prices still cheaper ?? I need to get a complete interior for my
>newly pruchased '72 Spitfire just for starters !!
>
>TIA,  Ken C
>
>> With the price "Rimmer Bros." has on rebuilt trannys no shop in the
>country can
>> rebuild one for you, I bet a shops labor bill is more than a trans. from

>Rimmer
>> alone, buy a new rebuilt from then have some club members give a hand, if

>you do not
>> belong to a T/R club then this is another example of why should, they are

>friendly
>> and very helpfull, labour rate is usually a case of cool refreshments. A

>big part of
>> owning one of these cars is the grease under the nails.
>> > At 06:48 AM 5/27/99 -0600, you wrote:

Neil R. McAllister
Public Services Librarian
Fraser Valley Regional Library