Need a late exhaust manifold...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Need a late exhaust manifold...
From: John Weale <tyre@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
I have the smog stuff together, now I just have to find a replacement
exhaust manifold for my 1980 Spit (it has the EGR fitting and a single
connection for air injection just above where the cat bolts on).  My
current one (surprise surprise) has cracked and won't pass emissions due
to a "sample dilution" failure.  I'd love to just get a header system,
but do they have any that could keep the cat?  Anyone know how picky CA
is about this sort of thing -- would they care about a header if I could
keep the cat in the system?  Any suggestions on a source (already tried
Spitbits and Britcars)?  Anyone know how long JB Weld will hold...

Thanks,

John Weale

---======================== John Weale(tyre@u.washington.edu) ===========---
The world does revolve around engineers... they pick the coordinate system.