Re: Lack of Power

To: DWARE@uk.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Lack of Power
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:13:14 -0700
David,
Once the engine is up to normal operating temperature, no choke should
be required for driving or acceleration.  If choking improves
performance, it suggests that the carb (s)  are in need of attention.
Probably running too lean, because choking enriches the mixture.

Regards,
Joe

DWARE@uk.ibm.com wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses, I've been trying your suggestion Greg and
> increasing the choke as I pull away, it does feel as if it is helping.
>
> Can I reiterate Greg's last remark, "Is this normal ?", I never used to
> have to do this, it is a new development with the car. Has something gone
> wrong or is my setup incorrect?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> David

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer