Re: Bleeding Breaks

To: Kurt Strassner <Kurt.Strassner@trcinc.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Breaks
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:22:08 -0400
Kurt Strassner wrote:

>         The break system was working fine before I put the car up on jacks
> to rebuild the rear suspension and rear drivetrain. If I introduced a small
> hole in the rear break line somewhere, would it cause the symtoms above? If
> so, how would I go about finding it.

The big puddle of brake fluid on the garage floor would be a good hint!

>         Could the problem be with the M/C?

Sounds like something may be clogging the check valve that draws fluid
into the part of the cylinder that serves the rear brake circuit.  I'm
assuming that you were dilligent about bench bleeding the master after
rebuild, yes?  Or, it might be that the PWDA (PDWA? PADW??  I dunno, the
switchy-valve-junction-blocky-thing) valve is way off center and just
not allowing fluid to reach the rear??

JS