Electrical problems solved!!

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical problems solved!!
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:32:11
Well, I finished installing the wiring harness into my '79 Spit on Saturday
morning all is going well.  I have a little troubleshooting to do but that
is minor (my fuel gauge read full on an empty tank, I reversed the wires
and am hoping that solved the problem, tank is now full so I can't tell)

to recant what I did.  Apparently the wire that goes to the radio shorted
out and bursted (kinda like popcorn) somewhere in the mix the relay for the
fan shorted out and melted itself, along with the white wire that runs to
the distributor (actually 3 wires) and they were melted together and had
exposed wires along their path.

I removed the harness, stripped it down and replaced all the damaged wires.
and reinstalled it.  The car started right up on the second try (first try
I forgot to replace the fuses).  So for now and with a little trouble
shooting the car is back on the road.

Thanks everyone, most especially Dan for the help