RE: Re: Spitfire-Weber Question

To: earl56@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Re: Spitfire-Weber Question
From: MTAltomare@prodigy.net
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 04:43:55 -0800

Bill,

I have a Weber 32/36 DGV (downdraft) carb mounted to a Canon
manifold on my '77 Spitfire.  The vacuum tap on the carb is at
the base where you described it.  You should use that tap as
the vacuum source for your advance unit, not the manifold.  I
was told by a Mallory tech rep (when I had a question about my
Mallory distributor) to never use the manifold as a vacuum source
for the vacuum advance unit.

Michael Altomare