Accelerator linkage

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Accelerator linkage
From: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone know of a where I can get the new ball joint bits for
Spitfire Mk1/2/3/GT6 Mk1/2/+)accelerator linkages (pt no 134545 for
complete 'throttle operating rod' assembly, but not individually
listed items). Unfortunately, the balls (of the linkage!) have worn
oval and now rattle at about 3000rpm. I know they are adjustable and
that one is spring loaded, but it is the none spring loaded one that
seems to resonates down the whole accelerator pedal.

Any ideas about cross referencing to another manufacturers carburettor
linkage?

Cheers
==
Phil Johnson