Tooting own horn

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tooting own horn
From: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 23:02:59 -0400
I attended a local all British Car show in Statesville NC this weekend. Two
very unique things happened at this show. First they managed to have five
Triumph 2000 Italias present which is amazing since only about 320 we ever
made. But the more amazing occurrence was that a 1965 Triumph Spitfire Mark
II won BEST OF SHOW!!
I have never seen a Spitfire win Best of Show. The award was not arrived at
by the usual popular voting, but selected by the hosting club. The best part
is it was my car!! (and I'm not even a member of the host club).
You can see a picture of her at:

http://www.cris.com/%7Ejamiep/pictures.html

Ralph Jannelli
Matthews, NC