Re: UJ's Again

To: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil
Subject: Re: UJ's Again
From: christopher.leblanc@rss.rockwell.com
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:51:40 -0600
I have the exact same situation on my 77 spit.  I've looked at everything
under there a good 4 or 5 times and found the same thing you did.  UJs look
good (I must admit I don't know a lot about UJs but they seem tight), the
only thing I see is play in the drive shaft before the diff engages it.  I
think this is where my clunk is coming from.  At this point I decided I
have other things to work on.  I have no idea if my diff is about to go or
not.  It doesn't whine.
One other thing, I did have a drive shaft with the CV type joint up front.
I had play in this too.  I replaced it with a splined shaft and reduced
some of the clunking, but didn't eliminate it.

Chris LeBlanc

jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2) on 10/27/98 05:08:32 AM

Please respond to jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)