O/D weather woes

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: O/D weather woes
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:52:43 -0500
Hi all!

A friend of mine with a 1974 J-type overdrive in an older Spit has been
having troubles and was wondering if the list can shed any light on it
for him.

He finds that his overdrive works great -- in wet weather.  When it's
dry, it does not work.  I am wondering if something is affected by
humidity.  Has anyone out there heard or experienced anything like
this?  I know no other details, except I believe he has wired the switch
apart from the shift.  If it were a wiring problem, you would think it
would NOT work in wet weather, but that is the only time it does work.

We are in Dallas, so our climate is either really hot and dry or really
wet; no real in-betweens.

I sure hope someone out there can help!  It has us stumped!

Thanks!!!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley
1968 over-drive-less Spit Elliott, whose gears work in all weathers!