Re: ram air spitfire...

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ram air spitfire...
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:24:26 -0400
My '80 had a hot air deflector mounted at the end of a rubber tube that
would bring warm air to the carb when it was cold out.  Since the PO had
replaced the exhaust manifold with a header, I had no warm air to hook
it up to.  I removed the deflector system and put a surplus hot air
metal hose into the rubber pipe and routed it to the area in front of
the inner fender and just behind the RH valence area.  This in effect
became a cold air induction system.  Works wonders.  She seems to breath
easier than before, and revs up more quickly than before.