Installing New Voltage Regulator

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Installing New Voltage Regulator
From: Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:32:36 -0400
I am in the process of installing a new voltage regulator in my 1977.
Before I changed it out it was going up to about 18Vat high revs across the
battery terminals and boiling over the battery!  I wired in the new one and
now I am at only 12.5V steady at all RPM.  Questions are:

1) The new regulator has 4 wires whereas the old one had only 3.  The new
wire is WHITE.  WHERE DOES IT GO?????

2) 12.5V kind of low isn't it?  Or is it OK?

3) There are 2 loose wires (with shielded connectors) that are in the same
bundle of wires as the large connector going into the back of the
alternator.  Do these need to be connected to the back of the alternator,
too?  Where to?  (One is solid white, the other white with a blue stripe.)

Is there a diagram of the connections somewhere?  My Haynes doesn't shed
any light...
Can anyone help here?  I am afraid to drive it with all these unconnected
wires...

Thanks,
John Cousins