Re: reliability

To: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Subject: Re: reliability
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:06:33 +0100
But in the 510's defense (I am a Nissan fan
> too!), the racing Vitesse used the 2.5L TR6 engine, not the 1.6L
(original)
> or the 2.0L (only a few made it to the states) inline-6s.  The 510's were
> only "bloody superior" AFTER the Vitesse got kicked out.

Ron

I can't work out whether "only a few made it to the States" refers to the
2 litre Vitesse or the 2.5 engined car. I know there were one or two 2.5
litre
versions running around in Coventry in the late sixties - but I thought
these
were 'specials' put together for some obscure reason by the factory's
Experimental Dept - or even the Competitions Dept? From what I vaguely
remember, these used the fuel injected engine from the 2.5 injected saloon
at 130 hp and not the same power plant from the TR6 at 150 hp.
Either way, they were QUICK but I think the gearboxes proved troublesome.
Never drove one myself but I do recall seeing one performing at someone
else's
hands.

I wanted one - BADLY

John Mac