Technical: Door lock question

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Technical: Door lock question
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 09:25:42 -0500
Howdy all!

I ran into an interesting situation last night.  At long last I've started
working on my '78 Spitfire (it's only been in the barn two years!) and
wanted to find out why the outer door handle didn't work (rivet missing from
the handle linkage).

I figured I'd check the lock# at the same time since I didn't get any keys
with the car.  I'd always heard that the lock# was stamped on the side of
the tumbler.  Pulled the tumbler out... NO NUMBERS ANYWHERE!

Any hints?  Or do I just order a key based on the ignition lock # and pray
that the DPPO didn't switch door locks from something else?

TIA

Jim
"too many projects, not enough time"