Re: battery box removal and tonneaus

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: battery box removal and tonneaus
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:14:25 EDT
Ryan,

If the misalignment is front to back rather than  side to side, you can adjust
the steering column a little by moving the wheel closer or further from the
dash.  I had the same problem when I had to remove my steering column.  After
I reinstalled it, my tonneau did not fit right.  It just took a little
adjustment.  I don't remember the exact procedure, but its pretty strait
forward.  I think there are a couple of U shaped brackets that secure the
column and keep it from moving.  If you loosen them up a little the whole
column will move front to back.  When you get it where you want it, just
tighten them back up and try the cover for fit.

David Gates
'73 Spit 1500
'78 Spit 1500
Hawaii