Re: Speedometers named Eric

To: Neil McAllister <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Speedometers named Eric
From: Randy Potter <rpotter@MAIL.CLARION.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 21:50:00 -0400
Neil MaAllister wrote:

>When the raisin moves closer to Eric does he slow down in anticipation of
>reaching
>his goal, or does he speed up in his excitement at the prospect of
>lunch/dinner/brunch/snack?
>

>Inquiring minds want to know.

Neil -  According to 1960's era learning theory, anticipation of the
reduction of drive through the consummatory response of eating the raisin
should cause Eric to run faster as the raisin gets closer, much as rats
pull harder as they approach a goal box.

As the Spitfire is of about the same era as this theory I would guess it
applies.

Randy Potter
Mk II Spitfire Comm # FC55339L
Four wheels, but a limp.