Spitfire, entering and exiting

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire, entering and exiting
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:17:43 -0500
Over 20 years ago I had a 63 spitfire that I dearly loved.  Drove that car
everywhere.  Well I ended up getting another one 10 years ago and
finally got it done this summer.  Over the last few months I had been
trying to figure out how come it seemed harder to get into and out of
this spitfire.  I knew I was getting older and had put on some weight
but not that much.  Anyway, the other day it finally dawned on me as
to why it was so different.  My first spitfire had latter seats that had
head rests built into them.  Also the back was straighter with less
curving on the sides.  My current spitfire has the original seats in it
and the seat backs are really cupped by comparison.  So the problem
boils down to the seats are so curved that there is less room between
the seat frame and the steering wheel.  Add age and everything else
into the mess and the answer was had.

I think I need to get my seat adjusters to function more smoothly so I
can slide the seat back when I'm getting out of the car.

Hope this didn't bore to many of you!!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)