Re: Speedo changing speeds?

To: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Subject: Re: Speedo changing speeds?
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:53:47 -0400
I may be way out in left field on this one but the only way I think this could
happen is for something to be slipping. A binding cable won't do it and you
would notice the needle bounce if it was.
The right angle gear for the speedo cable on the tranny may be the culprit. The
gear could be warming up by the end of your drive and is slipping on the shaft
internally. It is possible that the slippage could occur in the little gimmo for
the emissions servicing indicator if it is still there. I doubt that this would
warm up as much as the one on the tranny.

Just a guess. Let us know the results when you find the solution.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario