Defunct Spitfires

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Defunct Spitfires
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:21:05 -0700
It has come to my attention (thanks Brad), that there is a common
misconception that I am only collecting Running Spitfire data.  While I
am only listing on the web site those that are running or in some state
of waiting or being restored, I am also keeping track of card that are
either parted out, crushed, or in some other form never to be driven
again.  I keep these for reference and to check against cars reported as
running to ensure there are no duplicate numbers.  It also helps me keep
tabs on how many total I have identified.

While finding defunct ones will be much harder than the live ones, I
still intend to continue collecting them as well.

So, if anybody out there knows of defunct, running, waiting, racing or
any other flavor of Spitfire, I encourage you to visit the web site:
http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html  and register the cars.  Under
the description, for defunct cars of any type selected "Parts Car".

Regards,
Joe Curry

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer