Re:True Adventure

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:True Adventure
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 8:25:05 +0000
Well, if you're ever in Appleton, Wisconsin, stop in!  I'm in the book.

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6

Subject:    True Adventure
Author: MIME:Brad.Kahler@141.com
Date:       6/3/98 12:51 AM

Hi Listers,

I had a most enjoyable evening last night (monday).  After a sudden=20
discovery that I was staying within 15 miles of Lew Mckillop I=20
managed to contact his wife and make arrangements to meet them.

After a short 25 minute drive using the "Excellent!" directions from=20
Lew's wife I located their house, although I probably couldn't have=20
missed the place once I got on the right street, all I had to do was=20
look into the garages and look for the spit parts car sitting there!!=20

You can tell when someone has the fever when the parts car sits=20
inside the garage and the daily drivers sit outside. =20

Boy seeing that car sitting there brought back lots of memories of=20
1987.  The car he was parting out sure looked like mine did before I=20
started my restoration. =20

I consider Lew to be a lucky man, he's got a wonderful wife who just=20
happens to put up with his LBC addiction and his sailor habits!!.=20
Thats not something your can find just anywhere.   It would appear=20
from the several hours of talking to them that he has the bug pretty=20
bad. I do believe one of the funniest things I heard that night was=20
that she didn't really care for her first ride in the spitfire. =20
Can't say as I can blame her.  After all a bucket sitting upside down=20
doesn't make for the most comforting of seats.  Although it probably=20
comes close the original mk1 seats!!<g>=20

Wish I could have seen the spit he's been working on all this time=20
but it was "conveniently" in the shop getting a tonneau cover put=20
on!! <G>

Thanks to both of you for the nice meal and the many hours of=20
conversation.  When you travel as much as I do having an evening like=20
that is a nice break from sitting in the motel night after night. =20
Hope I didn't overstay my welcome.

As a side note, his 67 parts car is the first spitfire I've ever seen=20
that had the bonnet latch locks.  Kind of blew me away.

I guess what I'm trying to get across here is how nice it was to=20
finally meet someone face to face instead of just over the list.

Later

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to
install)

=20