re:original wires...

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: re:original wires...
From: Tom Carney <tcarney@concentric.net>
Date: 4/28/1998 22:39
--==pw_boundary==

  I know that Viki Brit sells wiring harnesses that aren't
complete.  I think they have a "main wiring harness" that
covers just the dash and a few other things.  It ain't
cheap though.  Why do you want an original color-coded
wiring harness if you are going to modify it?  If you do
that you will have to unrap the new harness to access some
wires.  You just might end up with a tangled mess again.
Half my harness was gone when I got my GT6, but I just went
to the local car parts and got some wire there.  Then when
I used the wire I labeled them according to the original
wiring diagram with a piece of tape.

Tom

> hey everybody.  my question stems from the spider-web of
wires that some
> DPO has left me under my dash.  as i want to eventually
restore(refurbish)
> my car with new wiring, i would like to know if anyone
knows of a supplier
> that stocks coded wiring, more specifically wiring that
has the same color
> coded markings found on our LBC's.  i'd prefer not to
ޭhave to buy a
> complete wiring harness due to the fact that i want to
customize the
> wiring to accomodate certain adaptions.  thanks in
advance for your
> inputs...
>
> nik jaremka
>
> '72 spitfire IV