Spitfires first trip

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfires first trip
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:43:48 -0600
Well, my spitfire made its first extended (somewhat) trip today with
mixed results.

At first I was leary of making the trip since the forcast called for
a possiblity of rain and since I don't have a top on the car yet that
wouldn't be to appropriate.  I decided to gamble and when on down the
the All British Car show in Nebrasksa City Nebraska.  Found out a few
things pretty quick.  The intermediatte muffler rattles like crazy
in between the two frame members, the tach bounces all around, there
was a nice rattle coming from the engine compartment and the parking
brake handle rattled.  The tach finally started bouncing so bad I
decided to undo the connection at the distributor.  The parking brake
is nothing to worry about.  I think the rattle in the engine
compartment is the clutch tube that runs down to the slave cylinder.
Just before arriving back home the speedo stopped working.  It
stopped and stayed at around 40 mph.  Even with all of these problems
it was still a blast driving to Nebrasksa City and meeting a bunch of
other LBC owners.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to  how to eliminate the muffler
rattle between the frame members??  It just about drove me nuts while
I was driving.  I do have Joe Curry's fix for the rear clamp in place
(thanks Joe) and that worked great.  Hopefully someone out there has
over come this problem.

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)