re:GT6/SpitTransmission Reinstallation

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: re:GT6/SpitTransmission Reinstallation
From: Tom Carney <tcarney@concentric.net>
Date: 4/24/1998 16:30
--==pw_boundary==

> Oh great Oracle...
>
> Sorry for the cross-posting, but I know there are a lot
of Spit/GT6 owners=20=
> still
> on the Triumphs list.
>
> Has anyone had the experience of converting a GT6
transmission to overdrive=
>  only
> to discover upon reinstallation that the mounting bracket
at the rear of th=
> overdrive casing hangs out into space by two inches or so
behind the mounti=
> ng
> plate which attaches between the frame members??

When converting your GT6 to overdrive did you carry over
the bracket to hold the overdrive as well?  The mounting of
of a non-overdrive is different than an overdrive unit. The
overdrive mounting plate fits right where the non-overdrive
plate fits.  I've never done it, but the June/July 97
Triumph World has a nice write up on how to do it.

> Should be easy enough to construct a replacement mounting
plate, but I'd ra=
> ther
> know how it's SUPPOSED to work.
>
> TIA