Air tools, Braided hoses, Easter

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Air tools, Braided hoses, Easter
From: "Chris Prugh" <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 06:34:53 -0700
Listers, (you know which of you are interested in which points)

    Jack, that sounds like a pretty comprehensive kit...wish I knew of it
earlier.  I am a little leary of buying the cheaper (read poorer quality)
tools, even for minimal use.  Just one of those things for me, I'd rather
spend the money on a known commodity

    I redid all the rubber hoses in the Spitfar with Earls hoses and
fittings.  To plumb the heater hoses and fuel line using the real fittings
cost me quite a few ducats.  I used the fake style connectors on the upper
and lower radiator hoses, and with the aluminum clamp covers positioned just
so, it looks passing fair.  I like the "custom chromie" look, it's
definitely NOT concours.  Works for the popular vote crowd though.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
Publicity Director
TTSCC is the host Club for Triumphest 1999