Re: AM I CRAZY?

To: douglas barr <dbarr64@planet.earthcom.net>
Subject: Re: AM I CRAZY?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 13:49:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, douglas barr wrote:

> I'm new to the list and had a question for all of you.  Has anyone put an MK
> I or MK II body onto a spit 1500 frame?  I just love the style of the old
> cars but would like the improvements and performance of the later cars.

Doug, there's no reason to go to all that trouble, as there is nothing
about the chassis frame itself that constitutes an improvement over the
earlier one. The improvements in suspension, etc., are all easily bolted
onto the earlier frame. The only exception MIGHT be some bodywork needed
around the rear wheel arches of the "roundtail" body if one were to fit
the longer rear axles of the 1500, but that likely would be necessary
regardless of the frame used.

--Andy