Wheel Arch/Quarter Panels

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel Arch/Quarter Panels
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:05:52 -0500
Hi Spitfire Enthusiasts,

I'm almost ready to start the fabrication and reassembly of the interior
on my 78. The seats come back from the trim shop tomorrow and I hope to
finish the job by Sunday night.

Some questions. Has anyone fabricated any wheel arch/quarter panels? The
ones in the car are kinda rough and also don't completely cover the
openings real well. I want to replace them. I've got some .027" aluminum
sheet that I thought might make a good panel. Do you folks recommend
anyhing besides aluminum to construct them from?

What about the curved part of the wheel well. Any secrets to get the
vinyl to fit nice and tight over this area without any wrinkles? Any
suggestions on making this job easier would be appreciated.

- Tom Shirley                                           -
- Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)            -
- 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)  78 Triumph Spitfire -
- http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080      -