RE: [Shotimes] Brakes

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Brakes
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 17:26:16 -0400
I'll throw in my $.02 about NOT doing stainless lines.

Some folks say they increase feel, others have noticed nothing. I suspect
it's like folks LOVE their new tires, because they feel great next to the
old, hard heat-cycled worn-out ones.

Even if every SS line install made for a better pedal feel, IMHO they still
aren't worth it for a street machine for the extra cost, the extra
maintenance (insuring they aren't rubbing), and they do not last as long.

Not to mention they don't have the QC of stock rubber lines. Too many folks
seem to have issues with the quality after they are installed.

For a toy car that sees the track or little street use.....go for it. For a
daily driver, I say no. The 911 guys quit using them years ago, except on
their track-only cars. And even then, many run rubber.

Ron Porter