shop-talk

Re: Outdoor outlets

To: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Outdoor outlets
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:05:06 -0700
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:16:36 -0700, you wrote:

::
::3. Should I use a gfci outlet at each location, or run in series and
::just put a gfci on the original rv outlet (first in series) on the side
::of the house? Or maybe a gfci 20amp breaker in the panel?

depends on the gfcis you have, some are end use only and some can run
in series.
::
::4. Do they make some sort of stake or stantion that is used to mount the
::enclosure to when it comes up out of the ground? The two outlets for the
::ponds will be kind of hidden back in the landscape but I assume they
::need to be mounted to some sort of stake or something and not just
::sticking up out of the ground with only the conduit holding them up?

a treated 4 by 4 post is typical.

24" trenching should keep most codes happy.  Maybe 18" in your area.
Can be shallower  of covered in concrete.

-Roland