shop-talk

Re: Air tank

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air tank
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:15:18 -0600
> > > What does the group think about using a 20# propane tank as a vessel to
> > > carry compressed air to the race track?  Maybe 100lbs pressure.

Those ol' 30 pound freon cylinders which the air conditioner guy once discarded
are good . .they hold close to a cubic foot and you can still buy air tank kits
with the proper fittings for a few bucks.   I feel better about using them since
I started strapping them into those square plastic "milk crates"  .  .  .  they
are a "push fit", they protect the cylinder from dings and keep the cylinder
from rolling around in the pickup/trailer.  I DID hear a rumor that the A/C guys
aren't so free with them anymore . . . EPA makes them keep a record of the
disposal or something . . .anyone know about this?

Tony