shop-talk

Parts Washer Recommendation

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Parts Washer Recommendation
From: Douglas Shook <dshook@usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:50:11 -0500
Shop Talkers,

I apologize for bringing this up yet once again, but the last time it
was discussed, I was not in the market for a parts washer, of course.
If you would like to respond via personal email so as to avoid
irritating the list, that would be greatly appreciated, too.

Anyway, I was hoping to get some recommendations for a parts washer for
my home shop--mostly for English car and bike work. I have looked at
what Northern, Harbor Freight and MSC (what a catalogue that is) have to
offer.  I do remember one of the listers telling about how the motor on
the cheap Harbor Freight model burned out almost immediately (I see
where they offer a heavy duty motor/pump version of it for about 50%
more money), and I see where some have air agitation and others have sir
driven pump motors (good idea?).

Amy model specific recommendations, suggestions on which ones to avoid,
or general recs on what characteristics to look for or avoid would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

doug