nobbc

Re: [Nobbc] Brit Cars-robin-apex.

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Brit Cars-robin-apex.
From: "Robin Jackson" <apexbrit@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 19:55:09 -0700
Steve - good to meet up again and I do remember the TR4A - a daily driver, it
seemed; and these old Brits like to be driven.

Yeah, Jag heads were a
specialty. Was doing my fair share of Jag work in those days, along with a
flock of MGB, and much good work setting up TR-6's and Jensen Healeys for smog
- then re-tuning to run decently!

Anyway, Brit cars are still fun and am
happy to meet up with fellow enthusiasts, once again.

I also belong to ESCA
which is mainly auto Xing now with a few ralleys and tours thrown in. Their
membership is huge ( mostly Asian cars) because of the racing (as they call
it). I am inactive since I sold the Z autocrosser.

In my previous bit I
neglected to include my ownership of 4 liquid suspension MG/BMC's whatever
they were called - also fun to drive. Also an uncountable number of Cortinas
(maybe 7 or eight). Both sons learned to drive in them. I drove the Tom Rust/
Bob Winkelmann Anglia in the Crow's Landing Trans Am Sedan Race back in 1960
something. Yikes - spent all my time keeping out of the way of Mustangs and
Camaros ; must have been young and stupid! Still probably stupid.

And so it
goes, mates...

 Just tell me to shut up when I go on so much.

Cheers,
Rob