Morgan starters

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Morgan starters
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 08:17:39 +0000
The recent list discussion on starter motors and the ongoing +4 4/4
debate got me thinking of the Hand Crank for the +4.  I don't think the
4/4 had this "feature" did they?

On the +4, The crank went thru the hole in the "X" of the front
suspension sub frame and then out thru a hole in the front bumper.  The
hole in the bumper was so large that there was only a thin sliver of
metal on either side of the hole to hold the bumper in one piece.  My
bumper was already broken at the hole when I got my +4.  I first
pop-riveted in a splice to hold the blade together and later on got a
new blade without a hole (oh God!, maybe it is a 4/4 part!) when I
restored the car.

I never got the chance to use the crank to start the "tractor motor".  I
bet it was a kick (pun intended)!

George Gerth
ggerth@west.net
1963 +4,  with bumpers meant to be polished and admired, NEVER bumped!