mgs

RE: [MGS] Brass Valve Guides Opinion Needed

To: "Paul Osborne" <paul@ece.rochester.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [MGS] Brass Valve Guides Opinion Needed
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:17:45 -0700
Paul:

Make sure that your machine shop is familiar with bronze guides. They
must be reamed after installation as they can deform during pressing.

I'd suggest slightly more clearance than used with cast iron guides, as
we have seen more problems with sticking valves in bronze than in cast
iron guides.

An experienced machine shop will be able to specify adequate clearance.

If you have any concerns about the installation shop, I'd suggest
sticking with cast iron.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf