mgs

Re: UK drivers - petition to change Historic Car Tax

To: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>, "MG list"
Subject: Re: UK drivers - petition to change Historic Car Tax
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:54:12 -0000
With a 75 car I'm all for it.  But also having a 73 registered car which
just snuck in by dint of being manufactured in late 72 (Black Tulip being
less popular then than it is now) I'd be concerned that sticking one's head
above the parapet may get it shot off, in other words they would *regress*
it if not abolish the concession altogether!  And that preparatory to having
our cars banned from public roads altogether as gross polluters!  The only
priorities this government has is 1) staying in power and 2) raising more
taxes.  A measure to save a small percentage of the population #160 or
whatever a year is nowhere on their radar.

PaulH.