mgs

Re: mud shield

To: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mud shield
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:55:06 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com> wrote:What does this do? Is it, as the name
implies, just there to
keep the muck off the engine, or does it also help in
cooling?

I seem to remember Kelvin putting out a plea for a good
example to copy in plastic instead of the waxed cardboard
or whatever it is. Is that what  458-195  is now, Kelvin?

And if I do need it, and I can't possibly just order one thing,
then I'd have to get something else. Let's see, what's on
the list, LE spoiler (or the Special Tuning one, hmm), a
wind blocker, hmm.  Strange how the extra things to add
in are 4 times the cost of the thing I may or may not need. :-)

I  assumed it was part of the cooling system, from the standpoint of  directing
airflow through the radiator..... I have the same problem, I  need one thing to
finish the restoration of my banjo steering wheel for  my '65 (the C-like
leather cover) but can't justify the shipping for  one item so.... My catalog
scan is up to page A33 ;-)

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328