mgs

Re: upgraded alternators?

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: upgraded alternators?
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:57:35 -0700 (PDT)
Ditto on the Fiesta/Bosch conversion. I just did it to the 73GT Ratrod. I
wanted to have big lights and electronics for work as well onboard. Go to this
website;
  http://www.cibolas7.net/17901.html
  It explains the conversion very well. The alt is readliy available at
Autozone and was in the $60-70 range with a LIFEtime warranty.
  Carl

Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  95 is a LOT. I am using a Bosch unit, application 78-80 Ford Fiesta 1.6L/4,
part #13107. I think it's rated at 55 amps. It is pretty much a bolt-in --
just move the generator rear bracket to a different mounting hole in the
block. You do need the matching molded plug for the wires, or you could just
use individual spade connectors.