mgs

Need some brake rebuilding advice

Subject: Need some brake rebuilding advice
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:44:50 -0800
I tore into the wheel end of my 69 BGT yesterday and came up with a
couple of questions:

1) The pistons in one caliper have a satin finish as opposed to the
usual shiny finish. Can I reuse these pistons, or should I go ahead and
replace them?

2) Both rear wheel cylinders need replacement. I see Moss lists two
types of cylinders, OEM, and aftermarket. Are the aftermarket cylinders
good, or should I stick with the OEM?

It's already top-down motoring here in San Diego, though the mornings
are pretty cold. Alas, my wife gets to drive the Miata most of the time.

Thanks!
--Dave Ambrose