mgs

OT battery question

To: "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: OT battery question
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:08:22 -0500
I know there are some people here that know way more about electricity that
I do, and I have a few questions for those folks.  Feel free to reply off
list if you wish.

I bought a small 12V 7Ah absorbed glass mat battery the other day and I have
a couple of questions about it.

1. The guy that sold it to me said you can't use a standard battery charger
on it but that I should use a run of the mill 12V 1A wall transformer as a
charger is that true?  Why?

2.  What is to keep it from overcharging or boiling the battery?

3. If the battery is 7Ah and the charger is 1A will it take 7 hours to
charge the battery?

Those are the questions that come to mind right now.  Thanks.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer
87 BMW 325es