mgs

Home Movies

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Home Movies
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:33:15 +1030
OK, so you all know I have mounted a video camera on my 'B - well I hate
to experiment further   on you, but I have desperately been trying to
"slim down" the size of the movie files I have been posting.  I want to
create a page of interesting "runs" around Adelaide (South Australia) -
and hopefully further afield - and some track/competition stuff.

At least these movies are ON TOPIC because they contain and MGB motor
noise, windscreen and bonnet :-)

I wouldn't mind chasing other people's movies, too.

BUT, not everyone wants to download 46MB movie files despite the good
quality.  Usually the files will be of shorter clips but sometimes I
feel the whole 2/3 minute "run" needs to be seen in context and not cut
to pieces.

Here is the rub... I am trying to find a happy medium between size and quality.

So my first test (and I have posted the run before so sorry, nothing new here):

Here is the HUGE original file:

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/movies/hills/hills2.mov

Now, this next file runs very poorly on my machine but it is MASSIVELY
smaller at just over 6MB.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/movies/hills/hills2-web.mov

Off list if it is not of broader interest, can someone comment on the
reduced quality of the second, smaller file, please.  Also, suggestions
from those used to doing this stuff are welcome.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII