mgs

Re: Tube shocks on MGC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tube shocks on MGC
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:47:05 EST
I couldn't use tube shocks on my C even if I wanted to, as I run twin
exhausts that don't leave room.

I agree with Kelvin that single bolt mounting to the frame would make me
nervous.

I would not bother switching to tube shocks even if I could, as while
theoretically superior to lever shocks, they in fact offer little or no real
world
advantage. I manage just fine with Armstrongs on my MGA race car,  thanks.

This falls into the category of busy-work for people who want to think they
are accomplishing something, right beside all of the superfluous twin point
distributors and other faux zoomie bits that either make no worthwhile
difference, or actually hurt performance.

Much better to spend time and money on fitting a sway bar on the MGC (if  you
haven't already) and good tube shocks up front. I use a 7/8" front bar and
Konis - transforms the car!

Bill