mgs

Re: Brake Bias adjustment

To: Rick Lindsay <rick@stoolhead.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Bias adjustment
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:02:01 +1030
Rick Lindsay wrote:

> http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=WIL-260-2220&N=120%20302053

Thanks Rick,

I have sourced that Wilwood item locally at $AU176.00 on three days
delivery - as always I will be trying to grind that price down :-)

I have entered a "modern regularity" event in a few weeks (not my normal
SuperSprint championship event - and not something I would normally
compete in) as a bit of a practice and test day, so I am hoping to have
the device (whichever one I choose) in the car by then.

>From what I can tell, the Wilwood "Brake Proportioning Valve" is the
best for my circumstances and the most often recommended.  I see they
have a matching "brake pressure meter" but I am not sure I need to go
that far as this will probably end up, as I have said, "set and forget"
and set by "feel" - but it will be nice having the option to "dial in"
some bias if the need arises!

If anyone has any other suggestions - fire away.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: