mgs

Re: TD Brake pressure switch gone bad??

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <rdwilt@pol.net>
Subject: Re: TD Brake pressure switch gone bad??
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 14:38:02 -0400
----- Original Message -----

> Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:23:34 -0400
> From: "Roger Wilt" <rdwilt@pol.net>
> Subject: TD Brake pressure switch gone bad??
>
> Lost  my brake lights. Have running lights and turn signals.

Is the brake light switch screwed into a fitting in the hydraulic brake
line? That is how it is on my MGA.

I found these switches problematic. Some claim DOT 5 (synthetic) brake fluid
is the culprit. I have not found a long lasting switch. I just replace it
every couple of years. If you swap it quickly, you'll lose little brake
fluid and no air will enter the system (thus no need to bleed).

HTH,

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961