mgs

RE: weird timing

To: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Subject: RE: weird timing
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:03:25 -0400
Thanks Larry.
I had the engine at TDC, rotor pointing to #1 and the marks all lined up.
So, I decided to fire it up again and see what the timing light said, and lo
and behold, it was @ 14deg btdc!  The only thing I can think of is when we
(had a friend helping) used 3 different timing lights yesterday we had the
inductive connector over #1 wire, but on top of the alternator.  Today, I
had the inductive thingy further down on the wire and away from the
alternator and seemed to get accurate readings.  Ya think the alt could
throw off the readings?

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA