mgs

Re: Goop to use on carb...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <michaelwjose@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Goop to use on carb...
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:52:08 -0400
Mike,
I didn't use anything when rebuilding my ZS carb.  After you've run the
car a few minutes, double check that the automatic choke screws are
tight and the float bowl cover screws are tight.  If I remember
correctly, I experienced some leakage around the float bowl after it was
back in the car.  That went away with some re-tightening (don't
over-tighten!).  Probably a bad idea to use any dressing on the choke
gasket since you'd run the risk of clogging a tiny hole somewhere you've
just worked so hard to clean!  Just watch out for gas leaking on the
cat/exhaust when it's back in the car.

Good Luck!
Donny V
1978 MGB

>>> "Michael W. Jose" <michaelwjose@hotmail.com> 6/23/2004 9:44:52 PM

Friends,
I am rebuilding my ZS for the first time, and realised I dont' know
what sort
of gasket dressing to use in putting it back together.  Who out there
has a
testimonial, or at least something that didn't leak too much?
-Mike Jose
79 B
67 Sprite
Chandler AZ