mgs

Re: How to misalign a distributor

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <BarrMark262@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: How to misalign a distributor
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:58:39 US/Mountain
The quickest way to check it is as follows - take off valve cover, turn
engine by hand until you see the intake valve of cylinder #1 open.
Continue turning the crank by hand slowly until the timing indicator and
mark on the front pulley indicate top dead center.  Take off distributor
cap.  See where the rotor points - the where the #1 spark plug wire is in
the cap - it should line up with the contact inside the cap that goes to
#1.

Phil Bates