mgs

Re: Distributor swap

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>, "Rick Lindsay"
Subject: Re: Distributor swap
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:38:36 -0500
Paul writes,

> ...Of course, the newer dizzy that you have
> would have an emissions friendly curve to it.

Paul, there is nothing emissions-friendly
about me.  I feel that a few nicely tuned classics
can't possibly make more emissions than 10 million
Honda Accords. :-P
Seriously though, a few years ago I restored a
'63 E-type with serious advance curve woes.  The
DPO had changed the distributor springs.  In fact,
one was modified from a ball-point pen spring!
I did some study and came up with the ideal
street-profile advance curve for that XK engine.
At the time, XKs Unlimited (I think it was) sold
a spring kit to allow one to experiment with the
curves.  I still have a number of those springs
around ... somewhere.
Do you have published the (assumed) ideal
street-profile advance curve for the 1500cc
engine, either in MG or Triumph livery?

Best regards,

rick